This recipe is for a baked pasta dish. I make it for 2 people (with leftovers) so you might want to double for a whole family. It combines the flavors of ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, pasta, your favorite red sauce and fresh basil. Enjoy!
- ½ pound rotini pasta, cooked according to directions.
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ jar of your favorite red pasta sauce
- 1 bag mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg and basil. Add pasta and sauce, stir to combine.
- Pour mixture in 8-inch square baking dish. Cover evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 25-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted to suit your taste (I like mine well done).
This is a great go-to recipe for baked pasta. You could add vegetables like peas or artichokes if you like or just keep it simple. I’m serving mine with Smart Sausages Italian Style.
The pasta was $1, the pasta sauce was $2, the ricotta was $2, the mozzarella was $2 and the egg and basil were on-hand. The total for this dish is $7.
Look Forward To
I’m not sure what’s on the menu to come…