This recipe is for simple roasted garlic French bread pizza. I love pizza but I love it more when it’s loaded with garlic. In this recipe, I prepared some roasted garlic and used it as the first layer on the French bread. I covered it with sauce and plenty of cheese and voila! The outcome is a delicious, crusty, garlicky cheesy pizza. Enjoy!
Roasted Garlic French Bread Pizza
¨ 2 heads of garlic
¨ Extra virgin olive oil
¨ 1 loaf of crusty French bread
¨ 1-8 ounce bag of mozzarella cheese
¨ 1 jar of pasta or pizza sauce of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut ½ inch off the top of the garlic. All of the cloves should be exposed. Place inside muffin tin and drizzle with olive oil. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 35 minutes in oven.
3. Adjust temperature in oven to 350 degrees.
4. Cut French bread in half lengthwise.
5. Remove garlic from oven and allow to cool slightly. Use butter knife to remove cloves and spread garlic on bread. Cover the bread with all of the garlic.
6. Cover the garlic with pizza sauce. I like extra sauce but you can use what you like.
7. Cover the pizza sauce with mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned to suit your taste.
This pizza turned out delicious. Next time I make this, I will use some artichokes and sundried tomatoes as a topping. Delicious and easy to make.
The French bread was $2, the pizza sauce was $1.50, the mozzarella was $2.50 and the garlic was $.50 all from Fresh and Easy. The total for this meal is $6.50 and much tastier than you can get from your local pizzeria.
Look Forward To
I still have a broccoli to use and there’s a shopping trip in my near future.