I love this recipe for fresh artichokes. It combines some of my favorite flavors- garlic, lemon and olive oil.
Lemon Garlic Grilled Artichokes
¨ 2 large fresh artichokes
¨ 2 cloves garlic, minced
¨ The juice of one lemon
¨ ¼ cup of olive oil
¨ Salt, to taste
1. Clean artichokes and cut into quarters. Remove the choke.
2. Boil artichokes for about 10-12 minutes. You should be able to easily stick a fork in the heart when they are done.
3. While artichokes are cooking combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt, mix.
4. Place cooked artichokes into large bowl, cover with olive oil mixture. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
5. Grill artichokes until edges are light brown, enjoy!
This is my favorite way to prepare fresh artichokes.
The artichokes were 2 for $3 and the lemon was $.44. All of the other ingredients were on hand. The total for this side dish is $3.44.