This was a recipe I found online for chocolate cake and an accompanying chocolate frosting. It turned out moist and delicious with great texture and simple to make. Enjoy!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 4 ½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 ¼ cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add enough milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
This was a delicious recipe for simple chocolate cake from scratch and a perfect frosting match! I will be making this again.
I had all the ingredients for this cake and frosting on hand so this recipe was virtually free. J
Look Forward To
I bought the ingredients to make baked pasta for tomorrow night.