This is my favorite way to prepare red peppers. This can be served in a variety of ways; you could eat them plain, with meat, in pasta or in salad. I like to scramble them with eggs. Enjoy!
¨ 5 bell peppers (I had 3 red and 2 green)
¨ 1 clove minced garlic
¨ 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¨ Salt to taste
1. Scrub the outsides of the bell peppers.
2. Place over medium heat on grill or on oven roasting pan, allow skins to char and burn slightly. Turn as necessary so all sides are crisp.
3. Place in large bowl and cover with towel. This will allow peppers to steam so the skins will come off easily. Allow cooling enough so you can handle them without burning your hands.
4. With clean hands, peel the charred skins off of the peppers. Remove seeds and cut peppers into strips.
5. Place strips into jar or storage container. Add olive oil, salt and garlic. Allow peppers to marinade in oil and garlic over night. Serve as you desire (mine will be scrambled with eggs).
YUMMMMM!!! These peppers are so yummy! This is a great way to prepare bell peppers. You can use them in other recipes or just eat them as an antipasti dish.
The peppers were on sale 3 for $1. The garlic and olive oil were on hand. The total for these peppers is less than $2!
Look Forward To
I still have 2 artichokes, a broccoli, a cauliflower, some lemon, some onions and 12 plums to work with.