Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bountiful Baskets Produce Coop


I just got my produce basket from Bountiful Baskets Food Coop (http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/).  The cost is $16.50 and includes fresh produce (50% fruit, 50% vegetables).  My local pickup spot just happens to be a few miles from my home and right next to my favorite dog park, so its more than convenient for me and my chocolate lab to pick up a basket on a Saturday morning.

Today’s fruit included 8 bananas, 2 pounds of green grapes, 5 pears, 4 peaches, 5 plums, and a box of figs.  Today’s vegetables are 1 head of green leaf lettuce, a pound of green beans, 6 yams, a head of cauliflower, and a bunch of spinach.  I got 10 items so I can calculate that each type of produce costs $1.65, what a deal!  I am most excited about the figs (because they’re delicious and I rarely remember to buy them) and the yams (because I have never cooked with them before).

I’ll be on the lookout for new recipes to try out this week using my produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...