Ok so on a happier note, I found my new go-to recipe for oven fries. This recipe is from http://mostlyfoodandcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/08/garlic-potato-fries.html with just a few adjustments to suit my tastes. The end product was a delicious, garlicky crispy French fry. Will definitely be making these again.
Garlic Oven Fries
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes (slide into halves and then ¼ wedges)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, toss all ingredients to coat potatoes.
3. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, for 40 minutes, turning once, halfway through cooking.
4. Serve immediately with your choice of dipping sauce.
What a delightfully crispy treat these garlic fries are! Easy to make and super delicious!
The potatoes were about $2 and the garlic was about $.25. These beat any fast food French fries you could get for $2.25!
Look Forward To
I still have a broccoli, a spaghetti squash and 3 red bell peppers to work with this week.