This is my favorite way to prepare portabella mushrooms. You can eat them plain, like a steak or on a bun, like a burger. The end product is a delicious alternative to meat with tons of flavor.
Marinated Grilled Portabella Mushrooms
o 2 large portabella mushrooms
o 2 cloves minced garlic
o 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
o 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
o 2 teaspoons oregano
o salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean mushrooms by taking a moist paper towel and wiping them down. Do not run under water, as this will make your mushrooms soggy.
2. Place mushrooms face up in baking dish large enough for both mushrooms to lay flat.
3. Cover mushrooms with garlic, olive oil, vinegar, oregano and salt and pepper. Allow time to marinade (at least 15 minutes).
4. Preheat grill to medium heat. Add mushrooms face up so the marinade has more time to soak in.
5. Cook about 5 minutes on each side, or until desired firmness.
6. Serve warm either plain or on bun. Enjoy!
The end result of this recipe is a very meaty, garlicy delicious addition to your meal. Serve along side my herbed spaghetti squash http://thefrugalveg.blogspot.com/2011/09/herbed-spaghetti-squash.html.
The mushrooms were $3 and everything else was on hand.
Look Forward To
I will be picking up my produce basket from my local co-op tomorrow. I’m looking forward to discovering my new foods to work with next week!