I can’t sleep so I decided I wanted to bake a quick something. After reviewing what ingredients I had on hand, I set out to make honey cornbread muffins.
Honey Cornbread Muffins
· 1 cup yellow cornmeal
· 1 cup flour (I used wheat)
· 1 tablespoon baking powder
· 1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup whole milk
· 2 large eggs
· 4 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
· 1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Into a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the whole milk, eggs, oil, and honey. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
3. Place muffin paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into the papers. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
This is a great, easy recipe for delicious honey cornbread muffins. I like mine with a bit of extra honey, slightly warmed. Enjoy!
These muffins were virtually free since I had all of the ingredients on hand already…the joys of baking!
Look Forward To
Doing something with all of these plums, nectarines and tomatoes…