This recipe was inspired by a recipe I found on www.allrecipes.com. I made some adjustments and this is what I came up with.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- ½ cup melted milk chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini (1 medium zucchini)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave ½ cup of chocolate chips until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients: sugar, cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate; beat well. Stir in the dry ingredient mixture. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
This was simply delicious….the best bread I’ve ever made in fact. It reminds me of cake!
The zucchini was on sale at Sprouts for $0.88, the chocolate chips were $2 from Target and everything else was on hand.