According to http://www.honey.com/, September is National Honey Month. To celebrate (and give us a reason to get together and share good food), a friend of mine hosted a “honey party” this Sunday. Guests brought a honey-infused dish of their choice. Being the overachiever that I am, I brought 2 dishes to share. I found the original recipes on www.allrecipes.com and am publishing the altered, finished product recipes that I used.
Honey and Feta Dip
- 1 (6 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tub reduced calorie cream cheese
- 1 cup honey
- Crackers for serving
- Combine ingredients in medium sized bowl. Stir to mix and serve with apple slices and crackers of your choice.
Delicious! Great combination of flavors. I especially liked to dip whole wheat crackers in this mixture.
The feta cheese was about $3, the cream cheese was about $2 on sale and I had the honey on hand. I got the crackers for $2. For $7 this is a great party food that I will definitely make again!
Honey Brie Spread
- 1 (14 ounce) round Brie cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Apple slices for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Unwrap the wheel of Brie, and crescent rolls.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough, and wrap around the Brie. Make sure to press seams together to seal in the cheese or you will have a mess on your hands. Place in a 9 inch round pie pan. Sprinkle pecan halves over the top, and drizzle honey over the whole thing.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown and cheese is soft. Serve with apple slices.
Another great recipe. Next time I make it I will be more careful to seal all the seams of the crescent roll so the cheese doesn't get out of the brioche. The honey sweetened the Brie and the crescent roll created a nice texture.
The Brie was $6 at Costco, the nuts were $3 but I still have almost a whole bag left, the honey was on-hand and the pre-sliced apples were $3. For $12, this is a great indulgent appetizer that all of the guests at the party enjoyed.