Well what a disappointment. I am posting this recipe so you don’t make the same mistake I did by following the directions….YUCK! Bobby Flay, you let me down! Don’t add the vinegar this recipe would be good without it. This recipe is from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/sauteed-kale-recipe/index.html
• 1 1/2 pounds young kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
• 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
• Salt and pepper
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored.
2. Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add vinegar.
This recipe is awful….DON’T ADD THE VINEGAR! Completely ruined the dish.
The kale was on clearance at Fresh and Easy for $1.62, all of the other ingredients were on hand. Unfortunately you couldn’t pay me $1.62 to eat this.